R2000 nightmare.

crenedecotret

Print Addict
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I had not used my R2000 printer in a while. Started using it again last week.
Made some beautiful prints from my trip to Europe last year.

When my cartridges hit "empty", I removed them, filled them and reset the chips (these are battery powered carts from Precision Colors). Half the chips were not recognized anymore, even after replacing the batteries by freshly purchased ones.

I decided to pull out a spare set of empty carts I had got on Ebay for around 10$ for the set. My expectations were pretty low. The carts seemed to work OK, but every day, I would loose a color and need to do 2-3 head cleans, wasting a lot of ink. The problem would then return later on on the same or another color. I tried moving the chips to the precision colors carts, but I suspect I may have broken one, one no longer flows correctly.

My thoughts are that the cheap carts are not creating an appropriate seal between the outlook and the spigot on the print head. Has any body experienced this with cheaper carts? I have another set of empties on their way from precision colors. I ordered them yesterday, but I'm pretty sure i'll get them this week. The newer carts according to their site have a proprer "priming port" and have ARC chips so I'm assuming the battery powered ones are not longer sold.

I may get a second set from Inkowl. I know their ink is good, not sure about their refillables. Their office is a 10 minute drive from my place of work.

Has anyone experienced these kind of issues with their R2000? Am I on the right track wanting to try another set of carts of known quality? Could there really be air entering the carts or printhead?

thanks everyone