Queston about shipping and storing canon pg-40 cl-41

zoggnoff

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I've been looking for the best way to seal these carts so they don't leak or dry out and have arrived at the conclusion to both clip them and seal them with static tape.

I'm told that blue tape is the best for print heads, then told that canon doesn't have print heads, use the orange tape. then i'm told canon pg-40 and cl-41 DO have print heads, use the blue tape. very confusing.

No one seems to know what the proper tape is.
The thing is, when I bought the ip2600 printer, the instructions said to insert the cart, first remove the tape.. and i believe it was an orange tape.

is the ip2600 an integrated print head printer? as in, the print head is IN the printer and not on the cartrige???
or is the print head on the cartridges pg-40 and cl-41
and if so why would canon risk damaging the heads with orange static adhesive tape?

any input would be cool.
also has anyone tried using the blue tape on these carts or ones like them? if so how did they do with leaking and drying out? did they?
and was it difficult to do?
i read that i could apply the tape with a hair dryer, the roll, and my finger.

The blue seems like the smarter choice considering that it's a non-residue non-adhesive tape applied with heat.
sounds much more reliable.

Mike

alexandereci

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
These carts come with integrated printheads, and it comes with a strip of orange tape.

I'm not sure how to store them though, sorry.