Question, need help, HP Envy 5030 - Setup Petronas

Enrique82

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Envy 5030
Hi togehter,

unfortunately I have a problem with the setup petronas. I just bought the printer from private but without setup petronas.The setup cartridges supplied with this printer are no longer available.
The message on the display says:
"Use the setup cartridges supplied with the printer"

Can you help me how I can get the printer to accept normal cartridges?
Regards
Enrique

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Welcome to the forum, Enrique.

I did a Google search on "HP Envy 5030 do not have setup cartridges" and the first result is from the HP forum concerning your situation. The HP Support Agent states you will need to do an "OOBE reset to bypass this error".

Instead of explaining the procedure, because the procedure is different for different printers, the Agent sent the instructions to the person asking for help.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Print...vy-5030-missing-setup-cartridges/td-p/7513301

Consider joining the forum and then asking for help so you can get the proper instructions.

Enrique82

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Envy 5030
Thank you stratman and also for the hint and the link. I am trying to contact the HP support staff there. Apparently it is not possible to write to a member there directly. But I already left a question in the forum there. Hopefully he'll get in touch with me.

Latest posts