question about dell E525W or similar model?

tylim

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
hp
Hi, I am looking for a color laser that can also scan (but I don't need the fax function) and I come across the dell E525W (but this one also does fax and seems a bit bulky). what I was looking for was printer that accepts cheap off-brand toners and this one seems to fit the bill (it seems that you can get 1 black and 3 color off ebay for less than $40, though I can't speak of the quality). I don't really need to print a lot and rarely in color but I figure with the cost per page it probably will cost the same vs an inkjet. I was wondering if anybody can give me their thoughts or have other recommendations for me. is there a similar one with the scanner but no fax? Many thanks!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@tylim, check out the Canon Maxify, it has all the bells and whistles that you’re looking for, plus its cheap, its quick and you won’t be unhappy with it, yes, it’s an inkjet but one of the good ones.
It also runs on compatible carts and you can refill if you wish, very low running costs..

tylim

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
hp
thanks! He he... I have several inkjet printers that I refill from time to time. I just like to have a laser printer because I guess I have a hoarding issue. But I also like to ask as many questions and hear as many opinions as I can because I learn better that way. So if anybody else have other inputs for me, I would greatly appreciate it!