Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF-3620 , Epson wf-7210
I rented a Colormunki pro to see if it could help with my setup. Which is:
- Epson WF-3620
- Precision Colors DuraBrite inks
- Red River papers

Overall: Yes, it worked well (for my eyes). Even with OEM inks it seemed to print a bit on the cyan side. With Red River profiles and PC inks it was still a bit cyan, except n matte papers when it went to the magenta side a bit.

The profiles the colormunki seem to be spot on. The blacks and shadows seem deeper. The colors seem to be more saturated. Don't seem to have much shine difference (bronzing?) from the MK.

Overall I am pleased with the ease of using the colormunki. If there is interest in the profiles I am willing to share.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
the MK black ink won't be used with a typical paper selection of a glossy paper in the driver, the MK black is only used with the standard or matte paper setting.
You may find some more comments about Durabrite inks here
https://www.printerknowledge.com/th...nters-be-used-for-photo-printing.10972/page-2

There are several effects with pigment inks on glossy papers
- bronzing - the color of darker areas - cyan, blue tilts to a bronze, brownish or violet type of color when viewed against reflecting light, the color almost jumps back and forth
- gloss differences between printed and unprinted areas - the gloss of the ink surface is different to the gloss of the paper
- gloss differences between lighter and darker areas - areas with more or less ink on the paper, that's differences of gloss between cyan and magenta inks and more and less saturated areas

All these effects depend very much on the combination of inks and paper surface, there are differences how pronounced and visible they are on different papers.

Last edited:

apetitphoto

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF-3620 , Epson wf-7210
the MK black ink won't be used with a typical paper selection of a glossy paper in the driver, the MK black is only used with the standard or matte

Which may be why I like the matte paper best with this printer: The deeper and richer blacks. I am, although, impressed with how they are represented on glossy paper.