Profile for Old InkGrabber Ink/Kirkland Glossy Photo Paper/Canon i9900

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
Printer: Canon i9900
Ink: Old InkGrabber (before formulation change in Feb 05)
Ink Colors: C, M, Y, K, PM, PC, Red, Green
Carts purchased: Jan 05
Paper: Kirkland (Costco) Professional Glossy Inkjet Photo Paper
Printer Settings: Paper = Photo Paper Pro
Quality = Custom, Set. Quality=1, Halftoning:Diffusion
Color Adjustment = Manual, Set All color settings = 0
ICM, Print Type depend on printing software used
Profile generated by: Spectrophotometer
918 Colors used in test prints
Profile generated on: 3/2/05
Other notes: None
Profile name: i9900_Kirk_OldIG_3-2-05.icc
Link to profile: http://www.nifty-stuff.com/docs/inkjet/i9900_Kirk_OldIG_3-2-05.icc
Home page: None

This profile located on "nifty-stuff.com" is provided free of charge for your personal use only. It is not to be copied for any other use, including posting on other sites or offered for sale. Permission is hereby given to link to this post, providing that external references do not link directly to the data, and that there is no charge for this information.

rjr3684

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have used Grandad35 profile for my Canon I9900, inkgrabber inks and Kirkland Costco paper. Before using this profile I fought with the green cast problem with the inkgrabber inks (old formual). I was floored when I used his profile. The greys came out grey. In fact I was so impressed I've started re-printing about 50 photos that I have hung on my wall and office to get the new results. These are as good or better then anything I got with canon inks and canon paper. These profiles are absoulutely wonderful and if Grandad35 wanted to sell them he could. Give it a try and find out for youself, just make sure you follow directions and make all of the appropriate adjustment required to use the profile correctly. I owe Grandad35 big time for this profile. Incidently I used the same profile using Epson "colorlife photo paper" and got the same great results

JV

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have used the above.. OldIG_3-2-05.icc profile by Grandad35 on:

Canon iP8500 printer with Kirkland paper and BCI-6R, G, PM, PC, Y, M, BK, C compatible carts from
www.bulkinkjetcarts.com chinese manufacturer #2 (www.inklabcartridge.com).

The above printer profile Completely corrected the green cast I was getting in brown and black colors.

All colors on test prints now are as good as with OME inks.

I would like to congratulate and thank grandad for producing this profile.

JV