Problem since cleaning print head Epson L1800

babao60

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L1800
Hello, first of all I would like to point out that I am French so sorry in advance for my approximate English!

I turn to you because I have a problem with my Epson L1800 printer !

I disassembled the print head for cleaning, since the printer no longer prints any colors... However the print head is not clogged because I have done several ink loading cycles, i see the ink in the printer and the level of my tank all went down well but when I launch a test page nothing is printed... I reassembled the head several times to see if I hadn't forgotten or damaged anything but unfortunately everything seems ok . Do you have an idea of the origin of my problem?

Best regards

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Remote diagnostics is difficult in this case - it could be an electrical problem e.g. a contact problem with the flat cable - or are there any bubbles in the tubes ? Is there any ink in the dampers ?

Last edited:

babao60

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L1800
thank you for your answer, there is no air in the shock absorbers, I sucked with a syringe, moreover, the ink comes out of the print head when I make a clean head. I don't understand

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
It could be a contact problem or a problem with the motherboard but I don't know a simple way to test for that.

babao60

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L1800
Thank you for your help, I will continue my investigation.