Pro 9500 Colormunki updated software

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
My colormunki software got updated to driver version 1.2.4. The first set of colour patches looked much the same as the original driver but the second set of colour patches looks a lot brighter with added colours of reds & purple that I haven't seen before.
I've only printed out 3 shots so far so I can't say how much better the new profiles are.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I've only printed out 3 shots so far so I can't say how much better the new profiles are.
@rodbam, were you expecting any improvements or changes in your output, and a question for you.
Do you still Glop your print after letting them dry or are you not bother by the bronzing on glossy paper. ?

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
As a bit of a dummy I sort of thought brighter looking & more colours in the patches would equate to some improved difference & hopefully someone like Jose might have a more critical look.
I stopped glopping when the new improved inks came out from Precision Colors that minimized the bronzing & got the thumbs up from Jose.
Before the new inks came out I was mostly using Canon Fine Art Natural Matte paper from B&H so I didn't have to glop so much. I'm now only using Canon Luster & Kodak matallic with the new inks & it's hard to see much if any bronzing. The strange thing is even with the old inkset the Kodak Metallic never showed any gloss differential or bronzing yet the Canon Platinum pro paper which has a similar gloss to the metallic showed the bronzing. I haven't bought any platinum pro to try on the new inset.