Pro 100

Ant

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
MG6220
It's been a while, hope you are all well!
I'm looking at getting a pro 100 for personal use, is it a meaningful upgrade from my MG6220? The mg has a finer output (picoliter-wise) but the pro 100 has image engines\chips the mg does'nt.
I have a DSLR so the pictures won't be lacking data.
The mg is still going strong because of the refill kung-fu I learned here, also if you know any do's and don'ts with the pro 100 please chime in!

Kindest regards Ant

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I'm looking at getting a pro 100 for personal use, is it a meaningful upgrade from my MG6220?
Yes

3 things:

1) If you are content with the output of your MG6220 then why switch?

2) See if a local store has the Pro-100 on display. If so, take an image on a flash drive and photo paper to the store and print out an example. Compare to your current printer's output.

3) You may be able to find a discounted Pro-100 for less than $100. It's only money... and possibly incurring the wrath of your wife, girlfriend, significant other, etx.

Ant

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
MG6220
1) good point! I do have a few ICC profiles I use with it and it works great. The Hat was right years ago when he pessimistically stated " it won't last long" in other words I feel I need to think about what I will print on when the mg retires itself when canons planned obsolescence kicks in.

2) great idea! I have no problem imposing on a retailer in this manner.

3) I'll tell the wife "stratman told me it was OK"

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
1) Good point. Currently, the Pro-100 is $150 after rebate from either Adorama or B&H Photos.

2) My local Microcenter is used to this. :D

3) :hide Tell her my name is The Hat, she can find me in Wicklow, Ireland, and I have more printers than pairs of socks.