1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: A Basic Question on Linen Paper?
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

PRO 100 startup noise and error message

Discussion in 'Canon InkJet Printers' started by stevelawsn, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Jul 8, 2018
    stevelawsn

stevelawsn Newbie to Printing

Printer Model:
    Canon Pixma Pro-100
    I had a paper jam in my Pro 100 yesterday which I think I have cleared.There is no evidence of paper in it that I can see anywhere. The printer will not come online and gives an error message that there is a foreign object in the printer. The printer makes a noise just before the error message appears which sounds like a gear not completely engaging. A kind of ratcheting sound. Yellow light blinks 15 times. Any help is appreciated.

2. Jul 8, 2018
    stevelawsn

stevelawsn Newbie to Printing

Printer Model:
    Canon Pixma Pro-100
    Not sure what it was but it works now. I cleaned everything inside that I could reach and vacuumed it out so maybe there was something small that was keeping the roller drive gear from engaging. Is there a chart somewhere that tells what the blinking light means? I am sure that the 15 flashes was trying to tell me something. Thanks.

The Hat likes this.
  3. Jul 9, 2018
    PeterBJ

PeterBJ Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon MP970 + more printers
    I found a pdf user manual for the Pro-100 here and it seems the manual is not of much use in explaining error codes. Notice the two different flash patterns.

Did you get an error message on the computer screen? If so what was the text or error number? A service manual for the Pro-100 is nowhere to be found, but a service manual for an older printer might give a clue to the error or you could try googling the error code/text.

4. Jul 9, 2018
    Artur5

Artur5 Getting Fingers Dirty

Printer Model:
    Canon ip3000 Canon pro10s
    On the Pro9000 and the Pro10s, blinking the orange led 15 times means 'ink tank cannot be recognized'. For paper jam it blinks 3 times.
    It seems logical that the Pro100 retains the same system of error codes, but the message on screen told you about a foreign object in the printer..? Maybe by 'foreign object' they mean an unrecognized ink tank .. :D
    Did you get an error number on screen ?

The Hat and PeterBJ like this.