Pro 100 refill strategy

zing

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
pixma pro 100 pixma, pm610
Ok I'm on board with the method of changing out all the cartridges at the same time to save on ink.

I've learned about the yellow OEM cartridge issues and I bought a new one from precision with my first ink kit along with a chip re-setter

I won't even attempt to flush the original factory yellow. I'm going to put the chip on the replacement cartridge and I flushed a cli-8 cartridge as a spare for the yellow

I have two complete OEM sets of cartridges for the pro 100 and I'm sure I'm only a few prints away from getting my first low ink message.

I keep watching the ink levels in the maintenance functions and I expect a flashing low ink light any time now

Now the big question.

Can I top off the OEM carts with the precision ink or will I have to flush them out first ??

I've printed mostly black and white and very few color prints and a couple of nozzle checks a week.

So most of the colors are still almost full.

I want to get synchronized and I want to have the first set ready to go before I get the next low ink message.

How often should cartridges be flushed.

Thanks

Bill

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi Bill, you’re taking to this printing with your new Pro 100 like a duck to water.

Your big question:- yes you most certainly can, but wait a moment if your not using much colour ink then it would be more prudent to allow the colour carts to drop down much more before attempting to top them all off, if it were me then I’d hang on in there.

Cartridge flushing is a matter of choice some guys do it after only a couple of refills and other like myself wait until the cartridge gets hard to fill or won’t drip after the refiling, and even some guys can go on for ever without purging at all.

Hope this helps…:)

zing

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Awesome. I am going to run them down a bit even if it means replacing a black or gray along the way. I printed a few in color last night and they turned out great.

Before I got the pro100, I was perfectly happy using the mp610. It did turn out very nice prints. BUT

The pro is a big step up in print quality. A nice big step!

Thanks Hat

Bill

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Don't forget about the OEM YELLOW carts you must replace with a clean one filled will PC inks installed with OEM YELLOW CLI-42 Chip. DO not refill the Original Yellow cart. Remove the chip and dispose of it!Place the chip on your replacement cart which you will fill with PC PRO-100 yellow!
Joe

zing

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thanks for the reminder on the yellows carts !! I always appreciate the warnings about these types of things. Something like that can blindside a person and make for a really bad day

Solid advice ! That's what makes this a great forum.

Thanks

Bill

Drjim

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Cannon ts9020 pro100
I have a new pro 100 but only one set of carts. and the PC refill kit.
The carts will have to be removed one at a time and modified and refilled. How long will the printer allow before retracting the head? Can the cart be out for the time it takes?
(My Ts902 issues warnings if a cart is removed for more Tha a few minutes.)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
There is only enough time to remove a cart, refill and then replace it, but that’s with an already altered cart, any longer and the print head will move back to the left, the best thing is to ignore it, and when you’re ready to replace the cart just close the top lid, wait a moment and open it again.

You can pick up empty carts on EBay, but you will have to purge all of them before use, you’ll need two complete sets and a redsetter...

Drjim

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Cannon ts9020 pro100
So I guess a purge cycle will occur as soon as I insert a refilled and reset cart.

How about not resetting the chips until all 8 have been modified/ refilled?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
How about not resetting the chips until all 8 have been modified/ refilled?
Same thing, sorry..:(
You’ll have to suffer that till you have all 8 carts modified, even if you have spare carts, anyway it’s only on the first set... ;)

Drjim

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Cannon ts9020 pro100
Oh well. Time to buy the second pro100 -$100 for new printer,carts an 50 13x19 pro-luster