1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: How to take pictures of gloss differential properly?
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

PRO-100/CLI-42 carts

Discussion in 'Canon InkJet Printers' started by randyr5, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Dec 4, 2017
    randyr5

randyr5 Printing Apprentice

Printer Model:
    Canon Pro-100, Canon TS9020
    I'm pretty new to this forum and a relative newcomer to the PRO-100. I watched a ton of Jose's videos on the printer, and on the CLI-42 cart mod, flush, etc. This post is about the carts.
    I took Jose's advice and got an extra set of empty carts on ebay, drilled and flushed them. I also got the PC refill kit and got some extra clear silicone plugs for the carts. I found the plugs to be a very tight fit in the 5/32" hole recommended in the video, so I did a little research.

I mic'd the plug and it has a diameter of about 4.3mm. The 5/32" hole is about 3.97mm. The next size up in SAE bits was 11/64" or about 4.36mm - too big. So I got out my numbered drill bits, which give you a lot more flexibility. I got out these bits:

#22 about 3.99mm
    #21 about 4.04mm
    #20 about 4.09mm
    #19 about 4.22mm

I had a sacrificial cart to play with, so I started with the 22. Still pretty tight. Same with 21. #20 was much better. I could seat the plug fully without too much force and it was still air tight. #19 also worked, still air tight.

My conclusion is that the colored plugs with the pull tab are slightly smaller and/or more pliable and work fine in the 5/32" hole. The clear silicone ones from PC work better for me with a slightly larger hole. I'll probably stick with the #20 bit just to be safe.

Oh, and the syringes for flushing still fit fine in the larger hole.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    avolanche likes this.