Pro-100 Auto turn on Wi-Fi?

Picard

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100
Does anyone know if this Canon printer will automatically power up via a received print task over WiFi?

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
It’s possible with the Pro-10s. You have to activate “auto-start” in one of the maintenance tabs of the driver ( it’s disabled by default) and the machine has to be “ON” when you enable this feature because those settings are stored in the memory of the printer.

My guess is that the Pro100 will behave likewise, both models being similar in many aspects, but only Pro-100 owners can tell for sure..

NurseBob

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have a Pro100 and after seeing OP question and Artur5's comment, took a look in the print maintenance tab. There is an option to auto-power on and off, but when attempting to enable the auto-off there was a warning that a "network connected" printer won't auto-off. I am assuming that they are referencing a hard-wired connection. Since I don't connect via WiFi, I can't test if auto-on actually works... However, I did test using the maintenance tab to both power-off and power-on, which was successful; that is, the maintenance button turned the printer off, and attempting to print from PS turned the printer on. Again, I have a hard-wired network connection...

Picard

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100
Thanks much. I had a ip3000 which was auto power which is how I used it. Never had to power it on (or off). Just send it a print job via usb and it would power up and do it's thing. I was pretty sure the100 would do the same, but since it also has wifi (ip3000 did not) that it would alsoauto power up when sent a wifi print request. Probably not though.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Search Google for "Pro 100 manual" then do a search in the PDF manual for "power" or "auto power" and viola. Online manuals are usually simple to find and may provide answers to simple questions quickly.

See page 179 here.