1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: How to take pictures of gloss differential properly?
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Pro-10 First Use Advice

Discussion in 'Canon InkJet Printers' started by martincregg, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Oct 11, 2017
    martincregg

martincregg Getting Fingers Dirty

Printer Model:
    Canon Pixma Pro-100
    So... my highly discounted (if you include the $250 rebate) Canon Pro-10 has arrived. I already have a Pro-100 and use it with PC inks. Are there any particular best practices that I should be aware of prior to setting up? My plan would be to use the supplied OEM cartridges and then refill with PC inks.

2. Oct 11, 2017
    Art Mozak

Art Mozak Printing Apprentice

Printer Model:
    Canon Pro-100
    Congrats on your new purchase! Had mine for a couple of weeks now and am getting to love it! I'm not an expert in any way so I've been watching jtooman's videos. They are beyond essential viewing in my humble opinion. All the best...Art

3. Oct 11, 2017
    mikling

mikling Printer Master Platinum Printer Member

No gotchas at all for setting up a Pro-10. Just power up, install printhead, then put carts in and away you go. DO NOT THROW THOSE ORANGE CLIPS ( SHOES) AWAY!!!!!!

If you have access to a spectrophotometer....you might want to calibrate the printer to meet factory specs. This step is totally optional but according to Jose, it can make a small difference if you are meticulous. Joe can describe the process but the step makes sure that the output of the printer with Canon ink and paper meets the exact spec the factory calls for. Not necessary at all and purely optional.

4. Oct 11, 2017
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon Rule in My House plus 3D
    why don’t we let @martincregg just enjoy his new purchase and get use to it, before we start suggesting something that might upset the apple cart for him... :hu

5. Oct 12, 2017
    berttheghost

berttheghost Fan of Printing

Printer Model:
    canon pixma pro 9500, pro-1
    Because he should do acceptance testing on it while he can still return it for an exchange or a refund?

The OP might want to get some ink-jet papers that work well with pigment inks, as well as appropriate lighting to use when inspecting prints. He might also want to get a second set of oem inks to complete initial testing and to eventually use for refilling.