Pro 1 pinwheel lines on print

GaryJay

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1
I have pinwheel lines the length of my prints, they appear to come from the wheels that drive/turn the final rubber rollers at the output end . They mark the prints and are noticeable, I print for club comps and this counts against me. Any solutions please?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
This is almost unavoidable, some people try to remove those pizza wheels - and may get paper jams. The effect depends very much on the specific paper you are using - there are wide differences in this respect between different brands even for the same type e.g. glossy.
I don't know whether you have a driver option to print slower - e.g. silent printing or something like this - which slows the paper speed and gives more drying time. You may try another quality setting which may change the paper speed as well.

GaryJay

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1
Thanks I.S.F., already use silent printing ,saw a post from The Hat about that ,it happens with Canon SG-201 and Lustre, Canson Infinity Baryta ,normal and Prestige , Platine fibre Rag , Ilford Gold Silk. In other words, all the papers I use. I wonder if Epson P600 or 800 have this problem...most annoying and takes away from the joy of printing.