1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: A Basic Question on Linen Paper?
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Pro-1 Error 5c20

Discussion in 'Canon InkJet Printers' started by Banipal, May 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. May 21, 2018
    Banipal

Banipal Newbie to Printing

Printer Model:
    canon Pro-1, Pro-100, IPF-670,
    Hi,
    I bought a second hand Pro-1 that the magenta cartridge inside printhead was leaking,I was able to seal it but the last owner told me that they put 4 new ink cartridges (magenta) in printer and the printer was sucking them.
    Now I'm getting Error 5c20 and for sure printer is full of ink! I need instructions to disassemble and clean the printer.

2. May 22, 2018
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon Rule in My House plus 3D
    @Banipal, you may have bought a pig in a poke because it sounds like the previous owner was interfering with the printer and may have cause an erroneous error to appear, this printer is not for the faint hearted.

I will help as best as I can but first can you post a nozzle check here please, so I can examine the printout...

Make sense of this if you will... The 5C20 error equates as Wrong or incomplete Purge unit cable between the purge unit and the relay2 board assembly, i.e. Relay2 flexible flat cable Between the relay2 board assembly and the logic board assembly. Recommend Re-connect the cables

LED blinking 16 times: - Pump roller sensor error/ Purge unit / Logic board assembly / Relay2 board assembly... !

Banipal and PeterBJ like this.
  3. May 23, 2018
    PeterBJ

PeterBJ Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon MP970 + more printers
    But doesn't the service call error block printing so a nozzle check cannot be made?

4. May 23, 2018
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon Rule in My House plus 3D
    @PeterBJ, That is very true but @Banipal should have printed at least one since he acquired the printer, and as you know it’s very important to print and have a nozzle check to compare...