Pro-1 Error 5c20

Banipal

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon Pro-1, Pro-100, IPF-670,
Hi,
I bought a second hand Pro-1 that the magenta cartridge inside printhead was leaking,I was able to seal it but the last owner told me that they put 4 new ink cartridges (magenta) in printer and the printer was sucking them.
Now I'm getting Error 5c20 and for sure printer is full of ink! I need instructions to disassemble and clean the printer.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Banipal, you may have bought a pig in a poke because it sounds like the previous owner was interfering with the printer and may have cause an erroneous error to appear, this printer is not for the faint hearted.

I will help as best as I can but first can you post a nozzle check here please, so I can examine the printout...

Make sense of this if you will... The 5C20 error equates as Wrong or incomplete Purge unit cable between the purge unit and the relay2 board assembly, i.e. Relay2 flexible flat cable Between the relay2 board assembly and the logic board assembly. Recommend Re-connect the cables

LED blinking 16 times: - Pump roller sensor error/ Purge unit / Logic board assembly / Relay2 board assembly... !

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
But doesn't the service call error block printing so a nozzle check cannot be made?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@PeterBJ, That is very true but @Banipal should have printed at least one since he acquired the printer, and as you know it’s very important to print and have a nozzle check to compare...