Printing on A4 Canvas with Pro-10S

Roberto Smith

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon
Hi all,

I have a Pixma Pro 10S and am wanting to do a few canvas based prints. I've been advised to choose Fine Art Paper > Canvas in the set-up, mostly because if I don't then the printer will use photo black not matt black and the results won't be as good. HOWEVER - when I try to select paper size A4 it won't let me continue and insists I need to use 11" by 17" as the only choice.

Has anyone else had a similar issue and how did you get around it? I assume I could just chose a different paper type such as Matt as this will print A4, but it seems a bit daft that the actual Canvas setting only works with one paper size and I can't set it to A4!

*edit* Ah okay I just realised I can actually set it to A4 but it has to have 30mm margins? I guess I can't print borderless on A4 Canvas in that case?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Roberto Smith, A very satisfactory way to print on Canvas is to set the Media to plain paper, then the world is you oyster, it sounds daft, but it works.

Trouble with the black ink then, switch cartridge and chip or fill with your preferred choice, and try to work with your printer and accept it's little inconveniences...