Printing borderless 12x12 with Canon Pixma Pro 100

MangoDew

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
N/A
Can someone please tell me if the Canon Pixma Pro 100 can print borderless 12x12? I am receiving different information from Canon every time I call them, and I have read online that a lot of owners cannot do this. If you can, did you use the Pixma Pro's printing software, or a 3rd party printing software like Photoshop? Can you please let me know? Thanks a lot!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@MangoDew, No your Canon Pro 100 can’t print borderless on 12x12 size, regardless of which Photo Software App you use.

Borderless is set in the print driver itself and can only be used on the predetermined sizes that Canon allow.

Here is a list of paper sizes that your printer can do.
Capture.PNG

Here is the same list but you’ll note that there are a lot less to choose from.
Capture2.PNG

when attempting to print in Borderless, and there is no work round either, except printing on a larger size paper and trimming afterwards, sorry... :(

MangoDew

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
N/A
@The Hat thanks so much for the reply. Funny thing is, I have contacted Canon support a few times-one person said yes and another said no. I talked to someone from tech support and he confirmed what you just said. Thanks again!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
@MangoDew, 12x12 is a custom size, and therefore is not allowed, don’t ask me why because I am as mystified as you are, the printer will print 8 ½ x 11 borderless but won’t print 8 ½ x 5 ½, which is the same size, width wise... ? ? :hu
P.S. I have always found Canon Tech Support to be rubbish.. :old

MangoDew

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
N/A
@The Hat

Hahahhaa it's a shame because the paper arts/crafting world is a billion dollar business, and many things are going digital. For example, instead of going to the craft store and buying rubber stamps, many crafters are buying what are called digital stamps, which they purchase, print them out, and color them as they see fit (depending on the paper type used). Or like me, instead of buying the 12x12 paper packs, people go online and purchase the digital versions of them, hence my needing a printer that prints borderless 12x12. These printer companies need to catch up because they have a new and increasing audience out there. Another thing, I have a cutting machine that can cut out printed materials. This world is amazing and someone is going to create the perfect printer for us. It will take one person to do that and THEN everyone else will jump on board. All I can do is shake my head.

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800, 1400; ML-2165W
I don't own a pro100, but from the images I've seen it looks like the paper is loaded centered on the printer, not aligned on one side. Is that right?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hi Tudor, yes that’s correct the paper is centred, but I prefer the alignment on the right side for more accrete registration myself...