printhead error iPF750 / OCÉ 2436

Mike Linden

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
OCÉ 2436
Hi,

Our OCÉ 2436 shows an error msg 03800500-2F30

I know from reading the service manual that it has to do with the printhead, or the head managment sensor.

I also found out that the OCÉ 2436 is a Twin to Canons iPF750 and since OCE parts are much more expensive I´d like to use Canon parts.

MY QUESTION: Anybody know if parts are compatible between OCE and Canon. They look identical so the question is; will the systems notice a part from Canon (firmware issue???) and deny its use..?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
there are quite a lot of entries to this error code on the internet like this one
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/posts/61031
Thermal printheads are wearing out over time, that should always be considered in such case.

I don't know to which extend the OCE model has been customized hardwarewise - e.g. not accepting a genuine Canon Printhead anymore via firmware tricks - or just doing some cosmetics on the outside like some different case colors. That was quite a similar situation with Epson printers sold by Agfa long time ago.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Mike Linden a Canon print head would probably work just fine, but if the OCÉ EPROM chip doesn’t recognise the Canon head code then it will refuse it as say incorrect or no print head installed.

It’s a bit expensive to purchase Canon print head only to find it doesn’t work, the cheaper option would to fork out for the OCÉ head and be done with it.

A quick test would be to install a Canon ipf750 cartridge and see if your OCÉ machine will print and if it accepts the Canon chipped cartridge then it will also accept the head...

Mike Linden

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
OCÉ 2436
Thanks @Ink stained Fingers for the link and info, ´have checked it out :) Good link

@The Hat , The OCÉ printhead costs almost 2,5x... more than Canons printhead, and unfortunately the Company feels it is to costly.

I am thinking the same thing you wrote, Have just replaced the maintenance cartridge and its eeprom was accepted. Have now removed the printhead and will try and clean it and also replace the head managment sensor (Canons sensor, not OCÉ), it only costs a fraction of the printhead