Printer suitable for 1,000 plus greeting cards per week

theweesparrow

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P600 Epson ET-7550
I currently run two printers - Epson SC-P600 (our 3rd one) and Epson ET-7750 - to produce around 1000 greeting cards per week. I use a 300gsm natural smooth, pre-creased card from GF Smith. I'm looking to add another printer (both current printers have issues) and wondered if anyone out there has experience of doing a good volume of greeting cards using either the Epson SC-P700 or the Epson ET-8550. Because of the cost of ink, I would prefer to go with the ET-8550 but the issue with the ET-7750 is that we can only submit 5 cards for printing at a time or it just slows down and grinds to a halt... so it's taking a lot longer to print what we need plus a lot more intervention to load, etc.

Any experience on either the ET-8550 or SC-P700 would be helpful (I have seen some videos from Keith Cooper which have been helpful but he uses the ET-8550 in a different context).

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Would you ever consider switching to Canon ?, many of their printers are well capable..

theweesparrow

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
I'm afraid not - saw some research that said that the amount of ink used on a Canon and the cost was way more.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Last edited:

theweesparrow

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
I'm new to this board and not sure about the etiquette so I'm surprised at the response - given that I've not referenced the research, I'm not sure how you can say that it is "duff". If you've got something constructive to contribute about Epson printers then I'd be happy to listen.
PS I don't use 3rd party ink!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
If you've got something constructive to contribute about Epson printers then I'd be happy to listen.
It’s like this if a researcher is Epson friendly then he’ll give poor or negative comments about Canon printers, and if they are Canon friendly then they say negative things about Epson, They don’t do any proper study and usually give unsubstantiated comments..
PS I don't use 3rd party ink!
Didn’t you say you were worried about the cost of ink..
P.S. O’ and I didn’t say anything negative regarding Epson printers..

Last edited:

theweesparrow

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
It’s like this if a researcher is Epson friendly then he’ll give poor or negative comments about Canon printers, and if they are Canon friendly then they say negative things about Epson, They don’t do any proper study and usually give unsubstantiated comments..

Didn’t you say you were worried about the cost of ink..
P.S. O’ and I didn’t say anything negative regarding Epson printers..
Not sure how your posts are helping so unless you've got something helpful to say.....

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Not sure how your posts are helping so unless you've got something helpful to say.....
I am sorry if you feel some of my suggestion as negative, which there’re not, and if you’d climb down off your horse and lighten up somewhat, you might see that..

theweesparrow

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
I am sorry if you feel some of my suggestion as negative, which there’re not, and if you’d climb down off your horse and lighten up somewhat, you might see that..
So the research (which you've not seen) is "duff" and now I need to climb down off my horse and lighten up... were you the guy who wrote "How to win friends and influence people"?