update: printer refill numbers - was 983 refills, now 2,000 refills. much thanks to this site and its members

zing

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
pixma pro 100 pixma, pm610
My numbers are a lot lower, but my savings here are really great.With my pro 100, I refill all 8 at the same time.

I'm on my 7th refilled set and I've saved over $700.00 US dollars

I can't wait to get my 6000d to work !

Grazer5

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro-100, Ricoh Pro 7100S
Where I work, we probably average around 200 - 300 refills a week. I've had several carts retired because the chip just wouldn't reset anymore! We use a powered Red Setter we got from Precision Colors, and keep 2 backups because we had one of those wear out too!

William Seaward

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1, 10, 100
Where I work, we probably average around 200 - 300 refills a week. I've had several carts retired because the chip just wouldn't reset anymore! We use a powered Red Setter we got from Precision Colors, and keep 2 backups because we had one of those wear out too!

Wow! That's a full time job just doing refills... :)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
That much be a labour of love to do 200 refills a week, what a colourful job you must have, :) I bet Canon never taught that their one time chips would last that long... :p

jimbo123

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
MP830 MP980
hi guys, long time, have has my hands full w medical stuff the past few years, but wanted to give an update.

i moved on from my MP830s which all died and am using/refilling MX870/860s that i stockpiled years ago.

quick recap, been refilling for over 13 years using the German method w squeeze bottles. i use one set of genuine canon cartridges, refill/top off all when one gets empty. i also set printer to silent mode, prints a bit slower, quieter and may help print head longevity w less heat.

current cartridge refill count is 1,853 refills, some individual cartridges have been refilled over 100 times before they need to be replaced.

lot of fun and savings over the years, much thx to this forum and it's helpful/friendly members

J

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
• Active Printers: MP870, MP980, PRO-100
• Stored Printers: IP4500, MX700, MX860, MX870
• Past Printers: MP830
• Method: German Durchstich Method
• Ink: OCP
• Misc: Squeeze bottles - so much easier than syringes

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
So good to see your posting here again. You have been missed.

over 13 years using the German method w squeeze bottles
MP830s which all died and am using/refilling MX870/860s

current cartridge refill count is 1,853 refills

Sorry to hear the glorious MP830's have gone to the great printer party in the sky. Both of mine are sidelined. Got a Maxify and am happy.

The wonderful point you make is that the German Method is fantastic even with cartridges other than the CLI-8. You're using it with the CLI-221.

So to all the naysayers - you know who you are - :p

Thanks, jimbo. :woot

Best wishes with the medical issues. May they resolve or ease and you enjoy life fully as possible. You're one of the good guys. :hugs

flowrider

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-100
I started refilling with my old Canon BJC-210 in 1995 or so? Can't remember but I was still in high school at the time. My Pro 100 that I got 3 years ago I've refilled 30 times or so and I just got a Pro 10 that I'm also going to refill. Thanks goodness for Precision Color because I wouldn't be able to afford to print otherwise!