printer profiling kit

sony53

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pro 100s/ canon pro 9000
Hi does anybody know off any where that you can hire a printer profiling kit in the uk thanks

apetitphoto

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF-3620 , Epson wf-7210
Don't know about the U.K., but here we have companies such as Borrow Lenses. Perhaps they have a European branch.

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
Hi does anybody know off any where that you can hire a printer profiling kit in the uk thanks

NO, but can suggest the next best thing. Link below is to a service that will provide reasonably priced custom profiles. If you only have a few papers to be profiled will be pretty economical. Plus you can interact with him.

http://www.colourphil.co.uk/profiling.shtml
Disclaimer - I have not used his profiling service, but he has helped me with color reproduction questions at no charge. To me he appears helpful and competent. Your mileage may vary.

rs

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro-10 - Epson L1800
woww i never heard about this profile.
NO, but can suggest the next best thing. Link below is to a service that will provide reasonably priced custom profiles. If you only have a few papers to be profiled will be pretty economical. Plus you can interact with him.

Disclaimer - I have not used his profiling service, but he has helped me with color reproduction questions at no charge. To me he appears helpful and competent. Your mileage may vary.

rs
er

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
woww i never heard about this profile.

er

The advantage is that if you only have a few papers it is more economcal to buy profiles from a reputable profile maker rather than invest in the cost of the spectrophotometer plus the learning curve etc.

Many of the reputable suppliers will interact with you and give some degree of technical support or customisation if you need it.

To each his own...

rs

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro-10 - Epson L1800
The advantage is that if you only have a few papers it is more economcal to buy profiles from a reputable profile maker rather than invest in the cost of the spectrophotometer plus the learning curve etc.

Many of the reputable suppliers will interact with you and give some degree of technical support or customisation if you need it.

To each his own...

rs
I can try this , will wait how many diferent paper i gonna use im search for semi gloss photo paper withmuch grains texture any idea??

apetitphoto

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF-3620 , Epson wf-7210
You might take a look at Red River Paper, they have some nice luster papers. Here is a link to their descriptions of their papers and what they feel are similar papers from other makers. Get a sample pack from paper vendors to test for yourself; What other people think about a paper may differ from what you think.

I like the look and feel of Epson's Ultra Premium Photo Luster and Red River's Arctic Polar Luster.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I only can recommend to get sample packs from different paper suppliers, I was pretty surprised how widely luster, silk, semiglossy type papers differ in their look, it is all a matter of personal preference

Latest posts