Printer prints one streak on photo prints.

Gazis

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro 10
Hello everyone.

So I have bought new printhead and canon genuine cartridges for my canon pro 10 and set everything up, done printhead alignment couple times, nozzle check, also nozzle cleaning. After all done I tried to print some photos and notice a one line on prints, but line come out in different place depending its landscape print or portrait, paper feed in portrait mode and just change in lightroom options for landscape or portrait. There is couple images and hope it will help understand my problem better.

Thank you.

IMG_20191204_201548.jpg
IMG_20191204_201618.jpg

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Welcome to the forum, Gazis. Sorry to hear of your printing issue.

Please print a nozzle check. scan, crop and post here.

It sounds like this is a used printer that you bought a new print head and new Canon OEM cartridges for.
  • Was there a problem before you bought a print head? If so, what was the problem?
  • Where did you get the new print head from?
  • Have you always owned this printer since it was new?
  • Are all the cartridges new?
  • Any error messages or blinking lights on the printer?
  • Have you tried different paper, such as a different manufacturer and paper type?
Have you tried a Bottom Plate Cleaning?

Another possible cause could be a dirty roller leaving straight line imperfections. Do you see any ink in locations outside the purge pads?

Gazis

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro 10
Welcome to the forum, Gazis. Sorry to hear of your printing issue.

It sounds like this is a used printer that you bought a new print head and new Canon OEM cartridges for.
  • Was there a problem before you bought a print head? If so, what was the problem?
  • Where did you get the new print head from?
  • Have you always owned this printer since it was new?
  • Are all the cartridges new?
  • Any error messages or blinking lights on the printer?
  • Have you tried different paper, such as a different manufacturer and paper type?
Have you tried a Bottom Plate Cleaning?

Another possible cause could be a dirty roller leaving straight line imperfections. Do you see any ink in locations outside the purge pads?

Thank you for response! I bought secondhand printer and previous owner haven't use for a year so printhead was clogged and I had to buy new one. Previous owner had no problems when he was using last time but as he wasn't use for year and was out of couple ink cartridges he couldn't run full test, but price was so silly so I decided to take risk and buy it. When I done nozzle check everything was fine, no lines on paper and any other issues. I will print other check tomorrow and will pop down to my mates to scan and will post it here. There was no error messages at all, also all cartridges was brand new in original boxes and sealed plastic bags. Printhead I bought from crc tasktro limited company based in UK, also original box with original sealed bag. I tried two types of paper and both have it. I was thinking about roller dirt but line appears in different place on each print but paper was loaded vertical position both times, first print set as landscape and second as portrait in lightroom and lines came out different places. I haven't tried bottom plate cleaning but will try it tomorrow. Sorry I'm leaving everything for tomorrow but it's already night in UK :)

Edit:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
line appears in different place on each print but paper was loaded vertical position both times, first print set as landscape and second as portrait in lightroom and lines came out different places.
This point needs clarification. Maybe you can scan the entire printed image and tell us the paper type, which feed tray and how the paper was loaded into the printer. I know you said the paper was loaded vertically, but please be more specific.

The paper feeds in only one direction. The print head only prints in one direction. The rollers only roll in one direction. Changing from landscape to portrait only makes the aberrant line appear to move in position in the printed image, but if it's a roller then that roller does not change position. Only the orientation of the image on the printed paper changes. So, by knowing how each of your two images were printed we may be able to narrow down the cause of the line.

Gazis

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro 10
This point needs clarification. Maybe you can scan the entire printed image and tell us the paper type, which feed tray and how the paper was loaded into the printer. I know you said the paper was loaded vertically, but please be more specific.

The paper feeds in only one direction. The print head only prints in one direction. The rollers only roll in one direction. Changing from landscape to portrait only makes the aberrant line appear to move in position in the printed image, but if it's a roller then that roller does not change position. Only the orientation of the image on the printed paper changes. So, by knowing how each of your two images were printed we may be able to narrow down the cause of the line.

So first image is how paper was loaded in printer and other photo is print results, as you can see line is in different place on both images even they was loaded in printer same way. For B&W image i was using Marruttt satin/oyster 265gsm and colored print was done on Fotospeed Platinum Baryta 300gsm.

Attachments

• IMG_20191205_113515.jpg
    IMG_20191205_113515.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 283
  • InkedIMG_20191205_135225_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_20191205_135225_LI.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 257

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Well, it is not a roller since a dirty roller would track down the vertical axis of the paper as the paper is transported through the printer. Your line is perpendicular to the axis the paper moves through the printer. This makes the print head, logic assay board or other issue as possible causes.

Previous owner had no problems when he was using last time
How do you know this? Did you see the printer in action before or was it the owner's word everything was OK? Could it be this problem was why he stopped using the printer?

Also, has the printer every functioned properly without issue since you've used it?