1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: Florida MG7720 Print problem...
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Print Head in cartridge?

Discussion in 'InkJet Continuous Flow Systems' started by Wharfrat, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Feb 4, 2015
    Wharfrat

Wharfrat Newbie to Printing

Are there injet printers that have the print heads as part of the cartridge instead of the printer that can utilize continuous flow systems?
    I have an Epson 635. I have ongoing problems with head clogging.
    This is my second printer in 5 years.
    I like the convenience of CIS over refillable carts but am tired of purging and cleaning the heads.

Another option for me would be a printer that has a removable print head that would enable me to clean it easily.

Thank you

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  2. Feb 4, 2015
    Smile

Smile Printer Master

Printer Model:
    Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
    Removable print head printers are all Canon printers ! Some cheaper have integrated print heads into carts themselves, so you need to decide what you want.

CIS does not work well on Canon.

Anyway a screwdriver and a youtube video is all you need to learn how to remove heads from epson. While it's not convenient, the heads last longer than printer, that is they will not overheat like thermal heads.