Primera Bravo 4100 with Lexmark 100 or 100XL Inks

donotexist

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi! I bought a Bravo 4100, but the ink has run out. New is expensive and I'm looking for an opportunity to set the ink from Lehmark 100. If someone already has experience of how to do it - tell me please! Will the printer to recognize the cartridge from another manufacturer?

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
The short answer is No! In the earlier Bravo II you could if you somehow transffered the multicolored and VERY fragile sticker / decal to the same possition on an equivalent Lexmark cart. Not the one with the black lines, the multicolored HALFTONE looking one on the underside. In this case it was a #16 ( Black ) and a #26 ( Color ). I've been doing it for years. However it's not as great as that, as Lexmark OEM is almost as expencive as Primera OEM so what I do is refill the Primera or Lexmark OEM carts with good equivalent ink.
In your Bravo 4100 case there is another problem. There is something that the Lexmarks do not have that the Primera OEM carts DO have in order for the 4100 to recognize them. I have no clue what that is. If it was a special bar code then that would be simple enough, but apparently it is something else that no one has yet figured out.
So at this point you are stuck.
But then you did knew this was coming when you bought that expencive 4100 right?

donotexist

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I can not find the chip on the cartridge. How he recognizes the level of ink in it? Perhaps the protection is still inside, and I can install a it on the new one. What do you thing about it?

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I have not clue as I've never worked with these new Bravo printer. Only the old one. There might be a Prism in the cart that can read the level of the ink. I really do not know if there are any physical differences between the Primera and Lexmark equivalents or how it recognized between a primera and a Lexmark. If you put both carts side by side, can you see a difference? Barcodes, connectors contacts, anything?
I heard that you can refill the Primera cart but then the printer will not register it as being full.

One question I have is, here in the USA Primera Bravo II carts and Lexmark equivalent are almost the same price. Depending where you buy them. However, refilled or remanufactured lexmark equivalents are about 1/4 the price. What is the price for the Bravo 4100 carts vs Lexmark equivalent?

vcavaco

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi all,
does any one have a clue of how to over come the problem regarding the Primera 4100 chips, in order to solve the refill issue ?

That's because all the attemps to refill the cartridge, the chip that is on top of the cartridge tell the machine that cartridge is empty..

Best regards

djbobolive

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
hi guys im new to the site i found this site by googling "bravo 4100 ink refill " but i have did trail and error over and over with my bravo 4100 ink....... i have found out tho if you pres the right bigger power buttom when you mechine is reading zero ink % on normail ink mode i have gotten a extra 200 to 300 disk printed now during this process you have to watch your disk when you see the disk start to lose a color pull that cartrige out and fill it........a little with ink you must hit the ink cart down on something to get that ink you just shot into it to the bottom THIS IS THE REFILL KIT I BOUGHT ON EBAY IT DONT GOTO THE BRAVO PRINTER BUT IT WORKS small needles small enough to stick inside the cart after the sticker is pulled back THEY ARE THE SAME INK COLORS NO QUALITY LOST AT ALL .........i found if you wait till it runs completly out you get more prints ............

svarteperkatt

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Primera 4101
Hi!

I have done some research, for witch ink container go's inn the Bravo 4100 series, it is the Lexmark 100 or 100LX.

It is a chip under the tape, and it can be removed, se this video, cant post url!
Have not godt my 4101 yet, but a vil try to find the right chip, please help!

Tommy:)