PIXMA TS 3522 Region Locked Ink

maddhater

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
CANON PRIMA TS 3500
I am trying to get my canon TS3522 Printer to accept some ink that I bought overseas. I had recognized it's the same printer and picked up the ink but received an error stating 1485 appropriate ink cartridge is not installed. I found this stackoverflow link indicating that a tool called redsetter could help but I am trying to understand if I can indeed change the region or if my printer is even eligible to change.

The Ink Cartridge on the left is accepted cartridge vs the one on the right missing a gold plate in the bottom most row.

printer-ink.jpg

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The Redsetter (a brand of resetter) could only change the region of some PGIx20/CLI-x21 cartridges. X is a region dependent number, see a list of canon regions here.

The normal purpose of resetters is to reset a refilled cartridge to a "new" condition, so it will be seen by the printer as a new OEM cartridge.

If you are a computer wizard you might reflash the printer's firmware to change the region of the needed cartridges. See this thread. The cartridge regions cannot be changed and no resetter exists for the combined sponge/printhead cartridges.

Last edited: