Pixma Pro-1 Inner Door issue

ScottB

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-1
Hello all,

I have a new Pixma Pro-1 that is INSISTING that the inner door is open whenever I try to print. Trust me, it is not. This bad boy was given to me by another department, new in the box, although I think it had been sitting around in that state for some time. I got it all put together, and have yet to successfully print even a test page. I just get the Inner Door error and the six-fold flashing orange light. It might be a sensor that needs cleaning, but I'm not sure where to look for that sensor.

Any suggestions? I have another one that came to me without any of the parts, and if I can't get this door issue fixed I'd like to try stuffing all the parts from #1 into #2. I tried earlier but can't get #1 to release its print head. That will be another post if this one can't get resolved!

Thanks,
Scott

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
If the printer is still under warranty then call Canon USA Tech Service.

Six flashes means something is going on with the CD disk tray Inner Cover, as you know already: http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/M/PRO-1 v1-1 series/EN/UG/UG_Trouble0300.html

The general recommendation is: "Close the inner cover, then press the printer's RESUME/CANCEL button."

See the animated video/GIF for Six Flashes at https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART137831

Have you tried printing a disk? Maybe doing so will reset whatever is at issue once you complete the print job and then close the inner tray door.

Sometimes the inner disk tray door can be fidgety or even not stay completely shut. Maybe it is a sensor issue. If still under warranty then call Canon without delay.

ScottB

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-1
Unfortunately, I have no way of getting my hands on the purchase record for these units. I did try the idea to print a CD and then try again, but that didn't solve it. I'd like to try the other printer, but can't get the print head carriage into a position where I can remove it. Any ideas there?

berttheghost

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma pro 9500, pro-1
The CD tray should be in its normal storage location under the top cover. OK? It doesn't need to be there (afaik ...) so remove it for a moment. You should see a roughly rectangular cover under the CD storage location. That cover had better be there and be properly centered. If you see a printhead and ink tubes, something is missing. Or my memory is shot ...

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Unfortunately, I have no way of getting my hands on the purchase record for these units.
If the printer was purchased at a Brick and Mortar store then you might be able to get a copy of the receipt. If it was purchased new off eBay then you might use that as the beginning of your warranty.

If someone cut out the bar code on the box to obtain a refund then Canon may know some particulars on extent of warranty.

You can try to register the printer online with Canon. If it already is registered and it has been over one year then you are out of luck. If under one year then you should receive warranty service. Warranty follows the printer, not the original buyer, AFAIK. If the printer is not registered then you should register it and then talk with Canon.

Since you are a manager of a department at a large University, and presumably the school buys many printers, this may work in your favor if you explain the circumstances.