Pixma Pro 1 Ink Pads

Marlow7

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 1
Heya!

I have been a long time lurker here, so thanks for all the great information! I run a printing business and since printers are more fickle than any woman i've ever met i'm really happy to have you guys to help!

I have seen a few old posts on this subject, but nothing seems to work anymore. Is there a current way to reset the ink pads on the Pixma Pro 1 without having to send it in? I don't have a canon supplier around me that can do it unfortunately, so i'd have to ship it out. :(

Just trying to weigh all my options before my other one hits the limit as well.

Thanks so much in advance!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi @Marlow7, If you have an older model that has not had a Firmware upgrade, then it might be possible to enter Service Mode, in there you can reset the waste ink counter yourself, if not your options are very very limited.

Try entering Service Mode yourself first, this procedure is fairly easy, I have attached instructions on how it is done, and if successful then your troubles are over for the present, if not its going to cost you big time...

It is not easy to transport this beast to a Service Centre, because you must take it there yourself or strap it down to a pallet for the courier to take, otherwise the waste ink will overflow, and your printer will be rendered useless...

Attachments

• Service Mode & Tools Instructions.pdf
    497.2 KB · Views: 352

Marlow7

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 1
Oh gosh, that's what I was afraid of. :( I think mine has the upgraded firmware, but I will definitely give that a try and let you know how it goes!

If it doesn't work out do you think it would just be best to replace it instead of sending it out?

Thanks so much!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
If it doesn't work out do you think it would just be best to replace it instead of sending it out?
If your printer is locked, then you’ll have to make the decision to have it serviced by Canon or dump it and find another printer whichever is cheaper, or try find a second-hand Pro 9500 MK 2., then you’ll be cooking with gas...

First find a Service Centre, then ask for a quote, and finally the cost of a courier back and forth, you’ll also need all the OEM carts in the printer to be at least half full, and for that, you'll get back a refurbished printer that's just like new again, but the Feckin carts will nearly be empty..