Pixma nozzle check still only printing some lines after deep clean

dreamofsilver

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma IP6600D
Hi,

I have a Pixma IP6600D printer and only use genuine Canon 8 ink cartridges. I've had the printer for quite a few years now with no problems.

I'm currently having issues printing (for a couple of weeks), colours are coming out wrong, images look yellow and black is really faint. So I did a couple of nozzle checks and cleans, with no change. So I assumed the print heads were clogged and removed the print head and deep cleaned it using warm water, until the water was clear, and put it back. But there's no change to the nozzle check print.

Printer.jpg

As you can see some of the colour lines are completely blank and the dark lines aren't printing at all. The black is only half printing.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Thank you.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I am sorry to say your print head has had it, there are several large areas of the nozzles not firing due to electrical failure, and no amount of cleaning will ever bring them back. It’s time to think about getting a new printer..:(

Flageborg

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R3000
Hi,

I have a Pixma IP6600D printer and only use genuine Canon 8 ink cartridges. I've had the printer for quite a few years now with no problems.

I'm currently having issues printing (for a couple of weeks), colours are coming out wrong, images look yellow and black is really faint. So I did a couple of nozzle checks and cleans, with no change. So I assumed the print heads were clogged and removed the print head and deep cleaned it using warm water, until the water was clear, and put it back. But there's no change to the nozzle check print.

View attachment 12003

As you can see some of the colour lines are completely blank and the dark lines aren't printing at all. The black is only half printing.

Thank you.
It looks like using warm water is not cleaning deep enough...

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
It looks like using warm water is not cleaning deep enough...
Here you Feckin go again with your useless information, your answer to everything is to deep clean a Canon print head, when clearly the O/P print head has an electrical problem and WON’T clear with ANY cleaning whatsoever…

For your information, Canon print head don’t perform well to external cleaning unless it is a last resort solution, the printer itself is quite capable of looking after the head without external cleaning.. Your ideas may work on Epson but not on Canon printers…

So please read all of the above posts before interjecting with false hopes and bad advice.. How many time do you have to be told not to give Bad advice...:mad:

dreamofsilver

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma IP6600D
Thank you, I suspected it might be the end of the road for the printer! At least now I can invest in a wireless one.

Thanks for your help.

Latest posts