1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: The Epson RPM quality option - does it offer a benefit ?
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Pixma IP3000 error messages

Discussion in 'Canon InkJet Printers' started by Fizzle, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Nov 5, 2018
    Fizzle

Fizzle Newbie to Printing

Printer Model:
    Canon Pixma IP3000
    I have a Canon Pixma IP3000. It gave me a 5 times orange light, so I purchased a replacement refurbished print head, model QY6-0064.

Now:
    -Without any print head installed, there is no error signal.
    -With the old print head, I get 5 times orange light, and the carriage moves ok.
    -With the new print head installed, I get 5 times orange at first, but if I open the top lead then I get: long green-orange-green-orange, and the carriage is absolutely still.

According to this: http://fix-your-printer.blogspot.com/2010/03/canon-ip3000-led-blinking-in-orange.html
    I read that 5 blinks means - "The print head is not installed [1401], or it is not properly installed (EEPROM data of the print head is faulty) [1403 /1405]. Install the print head properly, and close the access cover. Or, with the print head installed, turn the printer off and on."
    And the alternating one means – "Carriage error [5100]"

What do you think? Ask the seller for a replacement print head? A reset? Something else to try first?

2. Nov 5, 2018
    stratman

stratman Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon MP830, Pencil
    Your link failed to include one other reason for 5 flashes: Defective print head.

"Refurbished" print heads have a high rate of failure. All too often they are sold in counterfeit packaging as "new" out of China. Some sellers are getting smarter by selling on eBay with a location in the USA even though they come from China. Beware.

I would ask the seller for a refund first, a replacement second.

Canon typically manufactures print heads and other parts for a printer for five years after introduction of the printer on the market. The best price in the USA is often from Canon Sales themselves.

The Hat and PeterBJ like this.
  3. Nov 5, 2018
    PeterBJ

PeterBJ Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon iP4300 + Epson scanner
    A genuine unused QY6-0064 print head can be found in Germany from the company C1 Supplies. In Feb. 2015 I bought a QY6-0061 print head from them. It was a genuine new and unused print head, maybe the last in Europe, so I think they are OK to buy from.

The Hat and stratman like this.
  4. Nov 6, 2018
    Fizzle

Fizzle Newbie to Printing

Printer Model:
    Canon Pixma IP3000
    Yes, it was "NEW" "tested" "from a working printer", but nicely packed.

Peter, I'm afraid they won't ship here. Using a mail forwarder, with double shipping and tax, I would reach about 150 Euro, and that is way too much. I would rather risk buying a refurbished, from a store where I have good buyer protection.

So, do you think that the printer itself should be fine? And nothing more to test about it? I may try a replacement once, if the seller asks for it. My money should be safe.