Piezography colorant

Paul W.

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1430 HP 932 Canon iP8720
I'm a big fan of Pieozgraphy but I have one issue... the low visibility of a nozzle check. It's a very dilute pink and hard to see. I'm thinking of adding about 5ml of magenta (not the light version) to about a 100ml of the Piezography in its present state. It might need more.

Is the present colorant dye or pigment? I want what I add to be the same.

Any other suggestions? I'm using Piezograph as a storage fluid right now, and I use it also for general cleaning.

Thanks all!

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
get a cheap UV flash light via Amazon or similar, this might already help to give you a better contrast with your pink/magenta, or give it a try with diluted yellow which shows up as black under UV light even if it is not visible anymore under normal light.

Paul W.

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
get a cheap UV flash light via Amazon or similar, this might already help to give you a better contrast with your pink/magenta, or give it a try with diluted yellow which shows up as black under UV light even if it is not visible anymore under normal light.

I do have such a flashlight, got it for another project. Thanks for pointing that out! And that helped.

I'd still like to know if the exisiting colorant is dye or pigment... can you shed some light on that for me? Doesn't have to be UV light. (groan!)

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
'd still like to know if the exisiting colorant is dye or pigment..

I must admit I'm not familiar with the Piezography inkset and its components, but would it matter if we are talking just about a few % of ink for this colorant ?

Paul W.

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
would it matter if we are talking just about a few % of ink for this colorant ?
You make a good point... I meant to put that in my initial post. To answer you, I too wonder if it really matters for that small amount. Thank you!

Latest posts