PGI-550 & CLI-551 reputable UK cartridge sellers?

BoKKeR

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
None
Hey, last time I bought prefilled cartridges I ended up buying water colored water and it managed to burn one printer head. I am looking for some good seller that ships from the UK. eBay preferred. Thanks

arw4

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX925 plus a few others
Try Octoinks. I buy direct from them, but I believe they can be found on Ebay too. The ink is specially formulated for your printer, so don't expect it to be the cheapest on the market. But the ink's quality is worth every penny.

BoKKeR

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
None
I have looked at them but that is really out of my price range, I am only printing documents and the only volume they sell is 5x 125ml for 100€ Which would be about 2 filling ups ???

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3

arw4

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Another option is ColourDirect if you want to stick with prefilled cartridges. I have used them in the past, and their cartridges have never given me any problems. Don't expect colour accuracy to be quite as good as PC or Octoink, but it's not bad. ColourDirect can be found on Amazon and Ebay.

Edit: Moderator

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
@arw4, as much as we all like bargains, you shouldn’t be promoting the sale of goods on these sites, if you wish to do so, then use the PM system, the only place we recommend purchasing good quality ink are from known reputable ink suppliers...
What’s good for the goose is not always good for the gander...;)

arw4

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
@arw4, as much as we all like bargains, you shouldn’t be promoting the sale of goods on these sites, if you wish to do so, then use the PM system, the only place we recommend purchasing good quality ink are from known reputable ink suppliers...
What’s good for the goose is not always good for the gander...;)
@The Hat, my sincere apologies. My intentions were really not to promote, as you probably realise. Just so I am clear, it is okay to mention a product that I have used (as above), but not post links? Is that correct? By the way, what is the PM system?
Edit: PM sent...

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
@arw4 how is this ink with regards to fading ???
If you use dye inks, they will fade, :( the only way to reduce the effects of fading is to use a suitable paper that helps kept it to a minimum, the alternative is pigment ink...