Paper Paper Paper

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
ok let's keep it simple, there is copy paper, inkjet paper and laserjet paper (throw in color-lok). is there an advantage to using one over the other when using an inkjet printer (no pigment black), normally i use copy paper 20 pound 92 bright for an all around paper but the other day i had a printed sheet that got wet and did it bleed! i am sure it has alot to do with not using pigment ink

lowell374

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
CanonPro-100, E2000p, LexMark
Did you try changing the "media" setting? Once had a sheet "float" away. A media setting change helped somewhat.

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
the media setting should not effect it, but my question is the difference of the papers

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
ColorLok is supposed to reduce bleeding from minor dampness, but dye inks are probably going to bleed no matter what you do. I don't think there's any expectation for plain copy prints to be remotely waterproof (and I wouldn't expect $5 a sheet premium papers to be waterproof either). Even if you printed on a laser, the paper itself would at the very least get all wrinkled, and would likely rip.

Pigment would have a minor advantage if you're printing brochures and flyers and leaving them at coffee shops, etc, then it would reduce the risk of ink running when people who have damp hands from iced coffee or whatnot handle it.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
The only way to stop your print from running off the sheet is to use pigment inks, sorry.

The quality of the copy paper makes no difference at all, the only time however
that dye ink is waterproof and stable is when it's on glossy photo paper. (Expensive)

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
ok let's keep it simple, there is copy paper, inkjet paper and laserjet paper (throw in color-lok). is there an advantage to using one over the other when using an inkjet printer (no pigment black), normally i use copy paper 20 pound 92 bright for an all around paper but the other day i had a printed sheet that got wet and did it bleed! i am sure it has alot to do with not using pigment ink
It has everything to do with dye ink. What did you expect?

Wayne

thanhhuy123

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 5525
Use pigment ink with PaperOne A4 100gsm. It's very good. Or you can use OEM products which is quite over price.
I'm using PaperOne A4 80gsm with carbon pigment black ink. Good quality, as good as HP paper everyday paper.