Panoramic Printing

goober059

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently acquired an i965 (I'm from Oztralia). Excellent printer I must add.
I thought I would try taking and printing some Panoramic shots.
I have a good shot taken by someone else of the Pits at the Clipsal 500 Motor Race in Adelaide.
I duly set up a custom paper size, rather odd at 150mmX592mm ( using cut A2 Paper), I was limited by the file size of the picture passed onto me, checked the preview as we all do, all fine, hit the print button and the pooh hit the fan.....sort of.
The last half of the picture printed on the first half of the paper leaving the last half of the paper blank.
Tried as I did to reset settings, select all and print, the same happened as though the picture was in two parts and the last half printing only but preview showing the picture on the full paper size.

Has anyone had any experiance with panoranmic printing on the i965(i960). Does anyone know if it is possible or not to do such printing as I cannot find in the manual or from Canon techs if there is a limit to paper size usable other than physical limits of 210mm width being an A4 printer.
Is there something else I should be setting up to achieve my print.

Many cheers for any info from anyone.
The Goober (Goober by name Goober by nature - so I'm told)

bobglen97

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have a i950...I am sure that the software/drivers are similar.....

A couple of questions....what o/s are you using....and what application are you printing with?....(photoshop, paintshop pro..ect)

One comment about setting the print size.......when you go to printer-----properties----page setup.....note that there is a place to selct image size , then below that you select paper size. On my i950 max length of paper size allowed is 584.2 mm....

I have not tried panoramas on my i950, but will do so tomorrow.

Bob

bobglen97

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I ran a test this morning.....printed from PSE2/Win2k.

In the page setup, I set the image size to the actual dimension (8" x 22.5") and the paper size to image + 1/2" (to allow for borders), making sure that the paper size was within the max limits allowed by the i950 printer driver.

The print came out fine...no problems. I did not use the print preview function.

Bob

goober059

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi Bob,

Thanks for the info on your i950.
I resized to the 584.2mm max on my height setting for the print and resized my custom paper size to match.
A magnificent print resulted.

Many cheers to you and a big Pooh Pooh to Canon for omitting such detail from the manual or dialogue. Too bad the technicians are not up to speed on their products either.

I am printing from PSCS with Mac OSX.3

Goober :):)