Optimizing the use of InkThrift CL EasyFill cartridges

Paul W.

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1430 HP 932 Canon iP8720
I finished my third set of InkThrift CL EasyFill capsules for my 1430 and just loaded a fourth set. But due to some poor nozzle checks and subsequent cleaning I've been using more ink than I'd like. I've been a careful user, following all the steps in an excellent video on InkJet Mall on cleaning and maintenance. I'm getting a bit concerned over this expenditure.

I've saved the three sets of expended capsules, and I'm wondering if there's a way to capture some of the ink and eventually create another set of capsules from this surplus.

Another idea: It would help a lot if there was another option to buy the capsules. Right now we have a choice of buying a complete set of six different colors or one or more sets of three of any one color. It might help to offer cartridges with a "User's Choice" option. IJM could set a minimum order, say 3 or 4 carts, but the user could make up a set reflecting his/her most used colors. I've posted this suggestion over on IJM but so far no response.

Any EasyFill users out there with some feedback or other ideas? I love the simplicity and cleanliness of these cartridges - just need to find an economizing approach to using them.