OK here it is! It works!

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Hope that got your attention! LOL!

Several folks asked me whether I thought the CANON PRO-100 could successfully print on that CANSON Watercolor paper. I said no! Thinking that dye inks would not be suitable and would produce a dull print with low d-MAX on this paper even after spraying.

Well I did it tonight and here is my video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh5zr7hQIs8

The Printer driver and Lighroom settings are on the video's description.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh5zr7hQIs8

Hope you'all enjoy seeing this.

Joe

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
I used similar settings but with a Canson profile. It was very average. Tried to make my own profile with the Minki...could not get a readable patch page till I slowed the pass rate right down on the 3880. Once I did that things moved right along real fine.
I must try it on the 9000 and dye ink.

Once again you show us new things to try.

Your production is getting better all the time joe, next step the big screen and a full length Hollywood........

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
Excellent work Joe & I have enjoyed your videos. Will the Krylon help to stop the dye inks fading as I know my Pro9000 prints would only last a month or so before fading without being behind glass. I have some dye ink prints that have been up on the wall for about 5 years with no fading.

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Excellent work Joe & I have enjoyed your videos. Will the Krylon help to stop the dye inks fading as I know my Pro9000 prints would only last a month or so before fading without being behind glass. I have some dye ink prints that have been up on the wall for about 5 years with no fading.

Joe has talked about Krylon in the past and on his recomendation I gave it a go. I have had prints up for a year with no ill effect, though I have not yet tried it on large areas of white.
I do matt prints and have seen no darkening of the print pre mounting so that was good too.

Cheers,

Andrew

j.saenz

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro-100
Is this photo paper or just their regular water color paper?

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Their regular Watercolor paper! Not meant for Inkjet printing but for actual painting.
AMAZON: http://www.amazon.com/Canson-Bound-...pebp=1436990883334&perid=019FTEVNR885RXS9QPM6

The Canson Watercolour sell mostly in Art Shops......and the Wholesaler is mighty careful to load the price so he gets 70% plus as a minimum then the Retailer hit us with his cut and the tax man hits us 10% on top of the sell price....bottom line is $50-65 per 25 sheets of A3 and more still for A2.....BUT the results are worth it......well I like the prints made this way. I slow the passes and add ink, use my own profile on a 3880 and they look grand mounted.

I believe Joes' youtube will win many converts....as it should.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I just got some more 30 sheet pads of 8"x12" Watercolor paper from both CANSON and Strathmore.......... $5.99 a piece.

Joe

Last edited:

crenedecotret

Print Addict
Reaction score
Joe, those are really really great results. I had to buy a pack to play around with it... 9x12 is on sale here in my area for 6.59$ CDN. I'll try it with dye and pigment (when I receive my next toy).

Drjim

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Cannon ts9020 pro100
30 sheets 12x18 Canson watercolor paper at michaels for $9.99.

Also Canson website has ICC profile for pro100 among others.

Printed first with just matte(dull).
Printed with Canson profile-far better