OCE 5200 plotter ink

fnordcorps

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi, I have an old plotter made by OCE (OCE 5200) and I am having trouble locating inks as I believe the original range have been discontinued.

I had the old cartridges refilled however since doing so I get an error message which I assume is from a fault with the cartridges since refilling
and they no longer work. I am hoping new cartridges will solve this problem

The original part numbers are as follows, I have been told that there is an alternative I could use but no-one seems to know exactly what.

179571248 Black
179571249 Cyan
179571250 Magenta
179571251 Yellow

any ideas anyone?

thanks in advance

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
fnordcorps
You might be able to disable the ink monitoring on the OC printer by looking at the user manual that came with the machine.
I know that solution its not ideal on a printer of that size but at least it would print for you.
Do you know what type of print head is on your printer, is it a Canon, HP, or Epson clone..

fnordcorps

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I think it is a Canon, how would I go about disabling it?

i cant see anything in the manual indicating how to do it.

Thanks for the reply!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
fnordcorps

The reason I asked about your printer was that you can get good quality Canon third party inks for it at a reasonable price.
On Canon printers the paper feed/ resume button usually flashes when ink is out in a (all) cartridges and by holding down that button allows the printer to continue to print but without ink monitoring enabled.
Give it a try it maybe it's the same on your océ.. :)

Last edited:

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Looks like you simply use BCI-21 canon cartridges for color and BCI-24 for black. Color is dye ink and black is pigment. Refilling is easy, all you do is drip ink into the sponge area at the bottom as there is only sponge area to fill and not a separate chamber. Although the design of the cartridge may mean the felt outlet may harden excessively when the cartridge dries out making re-inking troublesome. As for resetting the ink monitor I'm not too sure about that one.