Nozzle Check quality different in Printer vs Windows

rounakr94

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma E510, Pixma G2010
Hi,
Can anyone please tell me why the Nozzle check quality is lower when printed from Printer control panel vs when Printed from Windows?
The black grids are not clean lines in Printer Control Panel Print, whereas they are clean in the Windows Print. If anyone wants the full res images I can upload the scans to Google Drive

scan 1.png

scan 2.png

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Can anyone please tell me why the Nozzle check quality is lower when printed from Printer control panel vs when Printed from Windows?
Your away with the Fairy boyo, because from what I can see they both look the very same to me, and besides they are not supposed to represent good quality prints, the job of the nozzle check, is to show that all the nozzle are firing correctly.

Just be happy with your results and don’t be wishing for something thats not there.. You might put the hex on yourself..…

rounakr94

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Your away with the Fairy boyo, because from what I can see they both look the very same to me, and besides they are not supposed to represent good quality prints, the job of the nozzle check, is to show that all the nozzle are firing correctly.

Just be happy with your results and don’t be wishing for something thats not there.. You might put the hex on yourself..…
To be honest I should have researched before getting an inktank. The maintenance and all other things are a real pain for a lazy person like me.
The older E510 doesn't have anymore replacement supplies and refilling doesn't work that well for it so had to take this one as this one was the only viable option in Canon that can print high volume as needed for my work purpose.

But atleast on the brighter side the black tube has ink and no bubbles. It looks okay now after a cartridge reseat.

Maybe my OCD about the printer will fade away in a few days lol when this gets older.

Last edited:

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Zooming in on the two nozzle checks I see that the one marked "From Windows" is better with fewer fuzzy lines that the one marked "From Printer Control Panel". I think ordering a nozzle check from Windows or from the control panel causes the same operation,

I think the reason the "From Windows" nozzle check is best is that it was printed after the other nozzle check, see the Total pages numbers. It seems printing the nozzle check cleans the nozzles somewhat. If the nozzle check "From Windows" was printed more than a minute after the first nozzle check the printer most likely did a print head cleaning, improving nozzle check #2.

It seems many, maybe all Canon inkjet printers do a printhead/cartridge cleaning one minute after having printed a job of only one page. If the print job is 2 or more pages no cleaning after one minute is done. I think this indicates that printing in itself has some cleaning effect.

I hadn't noticed this behaviour of Canon printers before I participated in this thread, and notice this post.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
To be honest I should have researched before getting an inktank. The maintenance and all other things are a real pain for a lazy person like me.
I have used several Canon printers with my own CISS installed, and had little or no trouble with air bubbles in the tubing, but then I was printing every day for hours, even then the daily maintenance on the CISS unit was quite high, if it ain’t perfect before you start, then the print quality suffered badly..

It was always said that CISS systems on a Canon printer were just waiting to fail, and I always agreed with that statement, if not maintained constantly, and now Canon have started putting them into their own printer, it seems they can’t install them any better in their factories either..

rounakr94

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
It was always said that CISS systems on a Canon printer were just waiting to fail, and I always agreed with that statement, if not maintained constantly, and now Canon have started putting them into their own printer, it seems they can’t install them any better in their factories either..
True. Even after flushing the black tube empty and then refilling with ink it still developed bubbles after a week or so. Their QC in the Vietnam plant is not so good if you ask me. Saw some reviews where the rubber stopper on the inktank was missing.
Only thing that made me take a Canon is their good aftersales compared to HP, Epson, Brother.

Good thing that the syringe method worked fine for me, atleast now inkflush won't waste additional ink.