No Win8 drivers

jeb101

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Lexmark has decided not to develop software for Win8 for my x8350 all in one. Any workaround for this?

Tks - jb

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I don't know about Lexmark, but many older Canon printers that are not officially supported in Windows 8 work well with a driver for an older Windows version, available from the Canon website.

With many older Canon printers you can even do a plug and play install: Just connect the printer to the computer and turn it on. Windows Update then finds and installs the driver. If your printer supports CD printing you will need a driver add on module and a CD print program. These are available from the Canon website. Even if these programs officially don't support Windows 8, they work well with Windows 8.

I don't know if it will work with your Lexmark AIO, but you could try a plug and play install and see if Windows update will supply a working driver.

If the Windows Update finds no driver, you could try to install the older driver in compatibility mode in Windows 8. This might work. With some older Canon drivers for older versions of Windows, compatibility mode is not even necessary when installing in Windows 8.

jeb101

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Tks Peter - when I plugged my Lexmark into my new computer, Windows went out looking for the software and came back that no software was available. I went up on Lexmark's site and the say they are spending there resources on developing new products - tks a lot, I will not be one buying one of your new products - and the printer is not supported in Win 8. It was supported in Win 7 so I will download that software and see if it works.

Went to Lexmark site and now can find no way to download for Win 7 - as I recall, it used the same drivers as Vista - don't know if this would work for win 8 or not.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
If you can get it to work and run under Win 7 then it will most lightly work using Win 8 also.. :)

jeb101

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Tks Hat - I just went to Lexmark and now can not find a way to download the vista drives that worked with Win 7. It says to use the Vista drives for Win 7 but so far I have found not way to get to them.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
You could try this link for a 32 bit Win Vista driver, and this link for a 64bit Windows Vista driver.

Hopefully one of the drivers will work with Windows 8, with or without compatibility mode.

Stratman posted while I was typing this.

Edit: the links seem to change and not lead directly to the drivers. Instead use the link provided by stratman and use the drop down menu to select first windows and then the version from a new drop down menu:

Lexmark driver.jpg

Last edited:

jeb101

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Tks for the links - I followed the lexmark fill in the blanks and could not find them. got to run but will download tonight.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Maybe it will work now? I found out something was wrong with my links and was busy editing while you were trying to download. So check out the post by stratman and my edited post.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
@PeterBJ : Like the posted graphics you often include with your explanations. You go the extra mile and then some. :clap