no ink flow after printhead replacement

lemonbarley

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF2651
Hi everyone! I've been having a printer problem for quite a while and I'm so so tired of searching for an answer. I don't know the right words to use to make a better search. Much apologies if this is considered common or easily found in some page/thread. Please direct me kindly.

I use an Epson WF-2651. After the yellow and magenta were emptied, I didn't use the printer for a while. After replacing them, both colours would not appear in the Print Head Nozzle Check. I tried to flush the printhead, soak it, whatever rudimentary ways to unclog it. When I put the printhead back in, none of the colours would come out. So I bought a refurbished printhead.

I don't know what I'm exactly supposed to do after putting in a "new" printhead. I ran printhead cleaning about 5x but I printed blanks when I ran the Print Head Nozzle Check. I left it for a few days. I returned to it today and used a purging test pattern to try draw out the ink. Cyan came out so I removed cyan from the test and printed for the other 3 colours about 20x - all blanks. I don't even think my ink levels are depleting. I've been warning-level low on black the entire time. Funny thing is, I still get blanks in Print Head Nozzle Check.

Really appreciate any advice. It's my first time trying to fix a printer issue rather than replacing it altogether. I've already bought more ink in case I need to flush them through, but I don't know if that's the right step to take and how. Thank you!

ClarenceL

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon G570, EPSON L800/L3150
OEM ink for WF-2651 is pigment DURABrite Ultra Ink.
It might be easy to clog, after unplog for a long time.
How do you confirm your new refurbished printhead is not clogged? Did they provide a test print for it?

It might be still have some air inside the printhead path, the worst case might be a ink charge flow would be helpful.
From my experience, the purge sometimes not so useful when no inks out case.
But printhead cleaning 2~3 times & wait over night or half day for another check & clean might be ok.
Sometimes also need to check if cartridge working normal, I did replace a new ink cartridge for resolved the issue.

Heard some said printhead ID should be input, some said not necessary.
As I know the printhead ID migght provide some detail setting about Piezo Electric voltage for control each ink channel.
I use WIC reset utility to update printhead ID on older model successfully when I replace the printhead.

The Ink cartridge record how many ink left by chip record counting, not really volume left inside. So, it might warning but actually still some ink left.(You can check the weight difference)

EDIT:
Deleted site reference, I should not refer any external site explain.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
need to figure out which case.
If you don’t know how to help then don’t start adding other sites to come to your aid, just say you don’t know or even better, don’t post at all…