Newbie Printer ID Printer

Benashey1

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson l800
Hi, I am a newbie to the printing world and am looking to hopefully gain some knowledge from the experts on here.
I am looking at starting a business that prints emergency contact detail pvc cards. I have been researching and think to start off with the best way to go forward and cheapest would be to use an inkjet printer and ID card printer tray to print them.
Has anyone had any experience of doing this?
I have found that most people are suggesting Epson printers and I know you can get the ID card tray for these. The printer I am looking at is the Epson L800 which has good reviews but not sure if this is the right thing for me, if anyone could pass on some advice I would be very grateful or if anyone could suggest a suitable printer to undetake this job. As this is a new business I don't have a massive budget so lookinf for the best quality budget option ;)

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Not sure on Epson models but I would say that you need to buy a Pigment ink printer for the cards as any mositure or damp will affect cards printed with a printer that uses dye ink.