1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: Health & Safety and 3D Printing.
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Newbie Printer ID Printer

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Benashey1, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Sep 29, 2019
    Benashey1

Benashey1 Newbie to Printing

Printer Model:
    epson l800
    Hi, I am a newbie to the printing world and am looking to hopefully gain some knowledge from the experts on here.
    I am looking at starting a business that prints emergency contact detail pvc cards. I have been researching and think to start off with the best way to go forward and cheapest would be to use an inkjet printer and ID card printer tray to print them.
    Has anyone had any experience of doing this?
    I have found that most people are suggesting Epson printers and I know you can get the ID card tray for these. The printer I am looking at is the Epson L800 which has good reviews but not sure if this is the right thing for me, if anyone could pass on some advice I would be very grateful or if anyone could suggest a suitable printer to undetake this job. As this is a new business I don't have a massive budget so lookinf for the best quality budget option ;)

2. Sep 29, 2019
    Redbrickman

Redbrickman Printer Master

Printer Model:
    MB5150
    Not sure on Epson models but I would say that you need to buy a Pigment ink printer for the cards as any mositure or damp will affect cards printed with a printer that uses dye ink.