new refurb 1430 banding black

Paul W.

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1430 HP 932 Canon iP8720
The first 3 or 4 prints were just fine, beautiful in fact. Using OEM carts on glossy Epson paper. But soon there was some serious banding from the black cart. The cleaning utility didn't help much. The ink level for the black was about about 2/3 full. The color positions showed full, as they all should after just a few prints.

Any thoughts? We've only had it about a week or two. I was thinking of under head cleaning, aka the shoe shine technique. I use Inkjet Mall's Piezoflush, and have gotten pretty good at that technique on my 1400. I'd like to avoid sending it back, clearly it's under warranty. And under the terms of the guarantee they might not have another 1430 for a while and would substitute another printer.

Thanks all!

Paul W.

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1430 HP 932 Canon iP8720
Turned out the printer was just fine... see my other thread, starting with the word "Swapping... " The 1430 was connected to a Mac, we temporarily connected it to my PC and got excellent prints right away. We don't know how to set up the Mac, that's the problem. Our Mac friend is coming over today and show us how to set it up.