New printer purchase

Slagathor

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 10, MG5320
We just got a new contract where I work, they eliminated some things so there "giving" us a buy out, a pretty large buy out, so I been contemplating either a Pro 100 or a Pro 10, I am leaning towards a Pro 10, 450 clams after rebate, buy a second or third set of OEM inks then refill like I do now. (I am a gadget junkie..)

I know either printer is a lot of printer for a hobbyist, and it's going to be one of the two, so I figured I would ask the pro's there opinions....

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Slagathor, you all ready have an MG5320 so why would you want something very similar that’s just a little bit bigger, go on, get yourself the Pro 10 and you will then have a whole new ball game, you’ll only need one extra set of carts for ages, try get empties on EBay.. ;)

Slagathor

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 10, MG5320
[sarcasm]I know the 5320 is the Crème de la crème of printers, I kinda just wanted to see how the other half lives, how the peasants print, you understand....[/sarcasm]

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
O’ yes, we peasants just don’t stop with owing one, we tend to collect many printers in hope of finding the Holy Grail, and I haven’t found it yet. :D
The Pro 10 is a serious piece of a equipment..

Slagathor

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 10, MG5320
O’ yes, we peasants just don’t stop with owing one, we tend to collect many printers in hope of finding the Holy Grail, and I haven’t found it yet. :D
The Pro 10 is a serious piece of a equipment..

That it is, I have never been "Oh, thats way to much [insert device here] for a hobbyist/novice/gadget junkie", except for cars, I do think the Challenger Hellcat would be too much car for my 20 year old son..heh

I wonder if subconsciously, I am looking for someone to talk me out of buying one....

Slagathor

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 10, MG5320
Well, now you've done it. I cant wait to see the look on my wifes face, possibly Friday, thats when they estimated it would arrive, I think it will be something like this: :barnie

What here on this forum, not a chance, we never discourage, the more the merrier.:lol:
Printaholics the lot of us..:woot

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
You better have one hell of an explanation ready, maybe tell her you might take her to dinner some night, or you’ll be spending the week in the dog house.. :oops:

Dog house.png
OUCH... :gig:gig

Slagathor

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 10, MG5320
It shipped, no turning back now....:cool: