1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: Epson Stylus Pro 4900 Problem.
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

New Member...Pro 100 Yellow light blinks 10 Times...

Discussion in 'Canon InkJet Printers' started by Lee Martin, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Dec 17, 2018
    Lee Martin

Lee Martin Getting Fingers Dirty

Printer Model:
    Canon pixma pro-100
    Brian I thank you. Your answer was so correct Just close the front and hit resume button. I had installed new driver and tried al i could, This was the answer.. My thanks again LEE MARTIN

The Hat likes this.
  2. Dec 17, 2018
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon were, BUT 3D is better..
    That’s great news Lee, thanks for your feedback...:thumbsup

3. Dec 19, 2018
    Lee Martin

Printer Model:
    Canon pixma pro-100
    Wish I had a good reply..... Printer Pixma pro 100 has stopped again. Worked for a while. in the morning Printed the two pages of print head alignment and super. Printed nozzle check and all ok. Printed some sample images and all super quality. Afternoon started to print my 1099 R which came on line from the military ( 25 years with the Indiana National Guard 38th Infantry Division) and the 10 blinks of the orange signal lite started again. Tried closing the the front and pushing the resume button but it did not stop this time. (And 39 or 40 times again) Restarted the computer and no help. Where is the connection for the door that is faulty???? Can this be by-passed?? Saw info books listed for Service listed for a price. Are these of value or just throwing away money (that I do not have). It worked so very well this morning. I even made a shield around the printer to protect from the East Sunshine as I deduced from some reading that bright light can influence the color quality. YES I NEED HELP.

4. Dec 19, 2018
    joemusic321

joemusic321 Newbie to Printing

Printer Model:
    canon pixma pro-100
    I did not see a reply asking if it is in warranty or not. If it is, Canon is very helpful and prompt with warranty claims.

5. Dec 19, 2018
    Lee Martin

Printer Model:
    Canon pixma pro-100
    Over 4 years old. Not in warranty Thanks for the inquiry.

6. Dec 20, 2018
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon were, BUT 3D is better..
    It seems strange that the origin problem should surface again and the fix you applied to it doesn’t work a second time, could it be that you have a different problem, but it just looks the same.

Check you printer again, by powering it on and count how many times the LED lights are blinking and is it only the orange LED and not both Resume and On/ off buttons together.
    P.S. Any error message on screen..

7. Dec 20, 2018
    PeterBJ

PeterBJ Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon iP4300 + Epson scanner
    The problem might be caused by a dirty front door switch, but disassembling the printer for locating the switch and cleaning it might be difficult without the service manual which is nowhere to be found. But take a look at this thread. If you can get a new Pro-100 for as little as 59 $ or maybe even 28 $ I think that might be worth considering instead of trying to repair the printer or have it repaired by a Canon service centre (expensive!).

If the print head from the defective printer is OK then I suggest to install that in the new printer. You will then have a spare print head in a sealed package. You will also get a set of new OEM cartridges with the new printer. You might need to use the new cartridges to start the new printer, but keep the cartridges from the old printer as an extra set.

avolanche, The Hat and stratman like this.
  8. Dec 20, 2018
    Lee Martin

Printer Model:
    Canon pixma pro-100
    Checking the blinking lites and they are both blinking alternately 10 times then holds a few seconds and repletes.

Error message says turn off and un-plug and call Cannon. 4 or more years old and out of warranty. Has printed super and hnow it will again.

Thanks for any help Lee Martin

9. Dec 20, 2018
    PeterBJ

PeterBJ Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon iP4300 + Epson scanner
    From this web page it is seen that the blink code means error code B200 which sadly for many Canon printers is a code for print head defective. I suggest to take advantage of the special price offer for a new Pro-100 printer. A new print head bought separately will be more expensive and in a worst case scenario a defective print head can damage the logic board and the now damaged logic board can damage a new print head.

The Hat and stratman like this.
  10. Dec 20, 2018
    stratman

stratman Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon MP830, Pencil
    The B200 error is an odd duck, poorly defined, and may be a catchall for various issues that Canon will not reveal. Yes, some reputable web sites state the B200 error is due to front door issues. Yet, it is hard to dismiss the plethora of sites with people claiming success doing other maneuvers such as this, this, and the multiple reports in this. As you will see, there may be more voodoo than anything in getting the B200 error to go away. This is why the forum does not have a dependable fix other than get a new print head.

I would try first with the front door fix and try several times. Then I would try removing the print head and cartridges and reinstalling suggestions of which there are multiple variations. In the case that this is actually a cartridge chip issue, try new cartridges or reset them all if you have a chip resetter.

Just curious... do you use new OEM Canon cartridges once and hen dispose, aftermarket cartridges, a mix of OEM and aftermarket, ARC chipped cartridges, or reset cartridges?

***Seriously consider PeterBJ's recommendation to take advantage of the $59 Pro-100 deal.***

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    The Hat and PeterBJ like this.