New from Scotland

craig carr

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1000
Hi, Guys, Been a long time reader but just decided to join up as I am positive this is the place to get some help. It is nice to meet you all :)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Welcome to the forum, Craig. There are members with knowledge of Epson printers, though my interests are about Canon's, so start a new thread and ask away.

craig carr

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1000
Thanks mate. I have already put my post out. There is a bit in there referring to my current Pixma pro 100 ;) I have a question you may be able to answer. How do I change my name? I have the same username on any forum I am on but can't see how to change it on here haha :)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The Moderator @The Hat can help you change your user name on the forum. You can contact him, or any member, via a "Conversation" (a private message) or as an Alert within any post to alert him he was mentioned. You perform an Alert in your post by typing the "@" then the name of member you wish to alert of your post. After you type the first three letters of the members name a small window will pop up with a list of members with those letters. The more you type the fewer the names shown. You can click or arrow key down to highlight a specific name on the list or type all the member's name out. You may have noticed I did this in my first sentence to Alert the Moderator The Hat so he might read our posts and know you want to change your name. If someone does this to Alert you of a post then you will see it under the word "Alert" in the top right of your screen next to the word Inbox.

To contact via a "Conversation" the click on "Inbox" found on the top right of the screen. It is in between your user name and the word "Alerts". Click on the button "Start a New Conversation" found in the upper right side of the screen just a wee bit more than halfway right of the screen. Type in the user name of the person you want to privately communicate with, then a title, then your message to them. When done, click on the button "Start a Conversation" found below your typed message. That's it! When someone includes you in a Conversation, or replies to one of your Conversations then you will see it under the word Inbox.

craig carr

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1000
Thanks @stratman (practice haha) for your very informative run down. I really appreciate it :)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
You're welcome, and, you did it - I received my Alert.

Latest posts