New Epson Expression HD 15000 printer

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
This upgrade of the Epson 1500W/1430 printer uses the following ink cartridges:

Photo Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Red and Grey and has also 1.5 pl minimum droplet size like the Epson 1500W/1430

Unfortunately it is shipped with low capacity (about 4.3 ml) standard 312 cartridges instead of the "high capacity" (hardly more than 10 cc) 312 XL cartridges. This is just incredible. I expect at least 26 ml cartridges.

So finally a dye based ABW printer using a grey ink cartridge and red to extend gamut. I have always favor an Epson R2000 printer in which the orange ink cartridge is replaced by a grey ink cartridge for neutral ABW printing. Then you will have: PB, MB, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Red, Grey, Gloss Optimizer.

Any refillables yet or resetter :)?

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I expect that Epson will loosen the reigns on standard capacity cartridge chip firmware and allow the aftermarket to those. The Xl size however will be locked down to OEM only chips. Now when you consider the domino effect of using the standard size chip/cart you'll quickly realize this is a ploy meant to waste ink and make the standard sized cart just get totally wasted. I will want to see how reviewers even test this aspect or even if they have even considered it.
You just KNOW that consumers will opt to get the low capacity cartridges. Can you imagine installing the first one of six and by the time you install the last sixth one, you need to install the first one a second time!!!!!
Do your homework on this model. I think the best time for refillers is at the peak for a Pro-100 and it's all downhill from here..certainly for Epson I bet but I am waiting to be surprised.