New 3D Printer to the Rescue…

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3

After the big wait things seem to be getting back to normal in China, I’ve been receiving the odd package over the past few weeks, and today I got several more, but most of all I got my new 3D printer.

It came already built and I only had to pop in the vertical shaft that holds the nozzle section in place and tighten a few screws and connect the Z motor power plug, and I was running a test print from the supplied SD card, in half an hour..

It will take a bit of getting to use too this new printer, because it's a touch screen operation, and I'm not a fan of this technology but I'll have to soldier on with it, they supply a new look alike CURA Slicer on the SD card for this model printer, probably because it's not covered by any Normal CURA Slicer to date, but the new Slicer works much the same.

The printer was easy to setup and get going, it was only a matter of inserting the SD card (Which is not that easy) and select a file to print from, I choose a food clip and then level the hotbed and it was ready to print, it heats up fairly fast and prints very well, and after that I changed the filament roll and printed the first piece of my standard lamp..

Untitled-2.jpg ..Untitled-1.jpg Click to enlarge...

It's good to be back in Business, O' the smell of heated filament again... :bow

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Here is a Brief Description of the New Printer..

Capture33.JPG Click to enlagre.
This is what’s under the hood..
Capture34.JPG
Here are the only screws I had to inset to finish the assembly..

Capture35.JPG
These are the recommend setting for the Slicer..

Capture37.JPG
The Hotbed levelling was done in 5 positions, and I used a piece of paper to fine tune everything..
Capture36.JPG

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Congrats on your new baby! Now, time to send it to the fields to earn it's keep! LOL!

FryingSaucer

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX725,MB5150. 3D:Anet A8
After the big wait things seem to be getting back to normal in China, I’ve been receiving the odd package over the past few weeks, and today I got several more, but most of all I got my new 3D printer.
Looks great.:clap

What firmware does it have?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
What firmware does it have?
You got me there, because I don’t have a Friggin clue… I never mess with any firmware and I dont plug it into the computer to find out..
It came with their own version of CURA, because the setting for this KP3 printer are so new that they are not in any of the known Slicers Apps, the Gcode flavor is set to (RepRap Marlin/Sprinter) which is fairly standard..
Al I know is, it works great... :)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Update on my printing saga..

I have been in constant contact with this crowd that sold me the KP3 printer, because for the past few weeks it hadn’t printed a single file.

Something went wrong and despite all of my attempts and the help that @Redbrickman has given, and it was a lot, the Feckin thing refused to print, at first it looked like a firmware issue because of the constant on screen error that refused to go away, in the end it wasn’t.

I got the Tech guys at Kingroon to finally admit that the wiring loom from the main board to the hotbed might be the culprit (Faulty) and they are now urgently sending me the replacement parts, but as always it’s going to be a Feckin 6 weeks wait.

It could be worse because most if not all the companies in China are now working on a 90 day delivery time, because they are still trying to come to terms with logistic and staff problems and air transport in the wrong places..

So all the countries in the world coming out of lockdown are likely to be faced with the same or similar issues trying to get back to normal.. Whatever the hell normal is anymore.. I reckon this thing will still be with us at Christmas..:hu

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Is China the only country to source printers and parts?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Is China the only country to source printers and parts
Just about, because if you purchase elsewhere, that company also has to first get the item from China themselves to supply you, the wait is a tiny bit shorter but the item cost is much greater, up 50% or more.. Buy in haste repent at leisure.. :hu