New 3D Printer Section!

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I'm very excited to (finally) get this section of PK started! :weee

Please post all your questions and comments into new threads so we can get this party going. If you have friends with 3D printers, please encourage them to visit and share some of their experiences, suggestions, prints, etc!

:thumbsup

A bit THANK YOU to @The Hat for helping to get this section kicked off!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Now @stratman can confidently place an order for a 3D printer knowing he can get good reliable help here if he gets stuck in one of his projects...:D

If anyone can go the extra few shillings, then the Monoprice 13860 would be worth the extra spend...

3D a bit bigger.jpg click to enlarge.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
If anyone can go the extra few shillings, then the Monoprice 13860 would be worth the extra spend...
Go big or go home!

Now, if the 3D printer can make me another functioning MP830 AND print head then THAT would sell me on one! :)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Now, if the 3D printer can make me another functioning MP830
No, it can’t but it can reproduce and replace some of the parts inside your printer, that might have got broken or worn, like plastic gears.

3D printers can make themselves, which sounds incredible but it's not, except for wires, print extruder, fan, switches and PCB board, it can Practically reproduce itself, an inkjet printer on the other hand can only print a photo of itself...

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
3D printers can make themselves, which sounds incredible but it's not, except for wires, print extruder, fan, switches and PCB board, it can Practically reproduce itself, an inkjet printer on the other hand can only print a photo of itself...
:ya:lol::clap

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I really don’t know why I didn’t get one of these contraptions sooner, it’s amazing just what you can make with these crazy things.

I was working on a light for the side of the house and needed a large nut to attach a PIR to a wall bracket to accompany the light, I didn’t have a nut big enough to fit the threads of the PIR and couldn’t get one till next week.

So, I taught can the 3D printer make one, and sure enough a couple of hour later I had my answer, I started with just a small nut to make sure I was on the right track, and used that small nut to scale up to the size I needed, (Just lucky first time)
Nuts and Pir.jpg

Is the plastic strong enough to have a strong hold, I can hear someone say, well I reckon so, and the Feckin thing wont rust either, the nut size is 15 mm depth and 35 mm across...
Nuts.jpg

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Holy cow that's amazing!!!

How in the world did you get the threading correct?!?!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
How in the world did you get the threading correct?!?!
I download a file made by theengineer96 of his nut and bolt, but the best part was he made it to the exact DIN_934_M12 standard, so it was ideal.

I only used the nut and not the bolt and scaled it up to the larger size that I needed, and by varying the nut height I was able to get the correct thread length and spacing, it took 2 tries and it was perfect. :)
//www.thingiverse.com/thing:2426956

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Well, now that this section has become more active than Laser printers, I'm bumping it up on the list of sections :)

Latest posts