Neil Patrick Harris Is 3D Printing?

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Pretty fun to see a pretty big-name celeb getting into 3D printing!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
They are some picture frames, totally assume and 87 days beats the hell out of my record of 40 odd days, so it goes to show there are other crazy guys out there too..

When it comes to 3D printing, you should never say never, because it can happen to you too, so come on guys get that project out of your head and onto your 3D printers, you never know till you try…

Does my record still stands, because I had to make the same thing several times..
P.S. Let’s see if this inspires @Artur5 to try making something big..

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
I have no garden to install a 3D lampost. (and no money enough to purchase a truckload of filament :p )

My printer isn't suited for big projects. In fact,I'm still struggling with different kinds of filaments.
So far, PLA and PETg are reasonably 'tamed'.
PP I tried only once and it was OK.
PC is tough to print, It demands very high nozzle/bed temperatures and the models require a raft plus a good amount of glue to fix them to the bed.
PA is nasty stuff. It warps A LOT, requiring tons of PVA glue and 3Dlac to avoid that and you need to dry it for hours before printing. In top of that it's awfully expensive.
Concerning flex, TPU95 is not bad if you avoid overhangs and TPE-70 ... a total fiasco.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I have no garden to install a 3D lampost. (and no money enough to purchase a truckload of filament :p )
You don’t need a big garden to install anything, just big ideas in your head, and your Prui3 will print any size you want, if you can dream them up, and if you buy one roll of filament a month, after 12 months you’ll have 12 and that enough to get you started.

Most of these bigger projects are not taught up, built or finished in a short time, it’s like the first step you take you never know where it leads you too, and don’t let the size of your printer stop you, it’s all in your head, so get dreaming..

P.S. I don’t think a standard lamp would work well in your lounge room…

Latest posts