Need Printer Profile For Canon MP990

DAgger99

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Can anyone help me locate a decent printer profile for the MP990 using Precision Colors ink?

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
You need to specify the paper that you are using as profiles are paper specific as well.

If you are willing to print and mail letter size sheets to me, please contact me for a profile. Currently I don not have a 990 and would be glad to profile the ink paper combination for you. Contact me via email for the process.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
It is not only paper/ink/printer specific, but also paper setting specific: it will render different colours whether you choose Glossy Photo Paper Extra or Other Photo Papers. For example: the Canon i9950 will NOT use the green and red inks if you choose Other Photo Papers.

So write down which paper setting and which printing quality you are using for that particular inkset, that type of paper and your printer to creat the targets to be printed and use it accordingly to print with the generated profile to get the best results.

RMM

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
This may be a little off topic, but does anyone know under which paper settings in the driver on the canon pro9000 the red and green inks are used?

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
yes: choose high quality and either for Photo Paper Pro or Glossy Photo Paper Plus II. But even then the usage is quite limited in very saturated reds and greens.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
RMM said:
This may be a little off topic, but does anyone know under which paper settings in the driver on the canon pro9000 the red and green inks are used?
I don't know if there's any difference between the newer pro9000 and its predecessors but this might give you an answer.